Hi there! My name’s Liz. I’m an aspiring Librarian. I dream of one day serving a library community of my very own! You’ll most often find me in the garden, riding my bike along the Thames, or writing Library school papers with my feline sidekick, Fidel Catstro.
London Ontario is my home–here I’ve taught, volunteered, explored, learned, and had great experiences like working on an organic farm. My journey to where I am now has been long and varied–but always with a single focus on public service. I am devoted to growing literate, happy, and healthy communities.
- Currently- Student Assistant, Graduate Resource Centre @ FIMS, Western University
- 2013-Youth Services Co-op Librarian, Hamilton Public Library
- 2013- Forest of Reading Librarian, Ontario Library Association
- 2002 to 2012-Customer Service, various locations
- 2011 to 2012-Student Success Centre Tutor, Lord Dorchester S.S.
- 2010 to 2011-Student Teacher, various secondary schools
- 2010 to 2011 M.A.P. Volunteer, The Boys and Girls Club
- 2008 to 2011 Computer Teacher/Researcher, Saint Joseph’s Health Care
- MLIS Candidate (to be completed April 2014), Western University
- Bachelor of Education, Intermediate/Senior (Gr. 7-12), Western University
- Teaching ESL Additional Qualification, Western University
- Honours Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature, Western Univeristy
Intrigued? Here’s my detailed education and work experience.